[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jonas Finnemann Jensen jopsen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:59:00 PST 2010

> If you need to remove cursor formula feature to implement your visual
> editor, that proves there is some defect in your implementation.
> Please, do not tell we do not need this feature when you do not know how
> to implement your visual editor without destroying it.
As I said position and selection synchronization between the two
editors is possible.
But it's not a priority of mine, fixing current bugs in the visual editor is :)

Note: That the visual editor is still an experimental feature, and not
enabled by default!
If the visual editor causes regressions in a magnitude worth talking
about we can take that discussion when it's declared stable...
 - That is not happening now...
But I will keep in mind that the current user base is not fond of
regressions... :)

By the way, do you totally discard the need for an easy-to-use formula editor ?
I'm not saying that there's no need command text interface... And if
you love the way the formula cursor works now... I don't think it's a
problem to create a settings checkbox where you can determine formula
cursor behavior...
But I'm hoping that at some point during the development the two
things will blend nicely, so that it works out for everybody :)

--
Regards Jonas Finnemann Jensen.