[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Dec 29 16:39:37 PST 2010

Hi Regina,

On 2010-12-30 at 01:14 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:

> > For me the current formula editor is already easy-to-use. However it
> > will be more easy to use if the command window was able to show the
> > complementary braket or brace. It would be very useful when you have
> > complex formulas with several levels of group brakets to write.
>
> That would be great indeed.
>
> My additional wish for the editor is an insert special character dialog.
> The workaround with copying from Writer is cumbersome.
>
> (Aside from that I have a lot of other wishes, for example: Free choice
> of color, nice scaling integral sign, easier way to add new symbols,
> alignment to equal sign in stacks and matrices, inheritance of font size
> from environment or style.)

Go ahead and file all these to the Easy Hacks too! :-)  And please -
don't bash Jonas for the great work he's done, I am sure he aims to make
it perfect for everyone; file bugs, or add Easy Hacks instead.

BTW - enabling the incomplete features...  It is the only way to get
more interest in them, early feedback [as actually shown in this thread
too ;-)], and more people actually hacking on them.

All the best,
Kendy