[Libreoffice] Strange behaviour in GNOME when toolboxes are detached

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 21:36:50 PST 2010

I'm having an issue with libreoffice when toolboxes are detached from
their toolbar. When switching windows _with the MOUSE_,

1) the keyboard focus gets messed up (seems the keypresses go "nowhere")
2) switching away from libreoffice I have to click the minimized
application twice to switch to it.
3) seems I need to click inside the applications to make them receive
keyboard focus.
4) The toolbox is stuck above other applications.

Workaround/"fix": Switch back and forth a few times with Alt+Tab, and
libreoffice will get back its focus.

Steps to reproduce: Dropdown the Font Color, Background color or
Highlighter tool, and drag the toolbox to detach it from the toolbar.

Click something on the GNOME status bar, see if it's maximized at once
or if you have to click some more. Watch keyboard focus.

Switch back, same trouble

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m17 (Build:3)
libreoffice-build 3.3.0.1

I've tried with both compiz and metacity; the behaviour is the same.
Trouble ends when I close the detached "Font color" box.

Seems that those color boxes are stealing focus a little too much, or is
a "little too present" on the desktop.

Can anyone else confirm the problem?

best
Arno