[Libreoffice] build or rawbuild dir?

Mon Nov 1 01:36:33 PDT 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:12:56 +0200, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:
> The idea is to forget the 'build' repository in the normal process, and
> let it only for the documentation, and for the distro maintainers - if
> they need it at all.  'bootstrap' would become the new main repo, and
> would have the following layout:

May I chime in again? Sorry for being pedantic, but I want it done right
before we are got stuck in another "historical reasons" situation.

I don't like "bootstrap". Telling our users to download/build and then
going into "bootstrap" to make install and find the binaries is really
non-intuitive. Please consider names such as
dist/built/src/rawbuild/build/... they are  are all better ones (ie
where a user actually might expect binaries to be after they build).

Consider renaming the old "build" folder to something else and use build
for the "new rawbuild" would be my proposal.

Thanks
Sebastian