[Libreoffice] suspect code in extentions/sdext/source/presenter/PresenterClock.cxx

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 02:24:09 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 23:04 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>     ::osl::MutexGuard aSolarGuard (::osl::Mutex::getGlobalMutex());
>     Paint(rEvent.UpdateRect);

> I'm thinking I should change this guard with a SolarMutexGuard aSolarGuard;
>
> Someone has an opinion on this ?

Because it's protecting a "Paint" which generally would use the VCL
drawing/widget stuff which is not thread-safe,
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Terms/Solar_Mutex I reckon
you're right and it should be a SolarMutexGuard that's taken there.

caolanm->dtardon: Did you have something vaguely similiar in the desktop
extension gui-updating thread at one stage, any opinion ?

C.