[Libreoffice] build failure loading pythonloader.uno.so

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Mon Nov 1 14:56:06 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:56:39PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> This sucks, looks like catch throw and catch catch don't work on NetBSD.
> Or maybe its too old a gdb or something. Maybe add a "break main" and
> reorganize the gdb script in the hope that it needs libstdc++ to be
> loaded before it'll work. i.e. something like the (untested) attached.

"br main" let it find the symbols.

> The registering step should be effectively dlopening the modules that it
> wants to register, running the component_writeInfo function and friends
> in order to record into a registry file which .sos implement/support
> what named services. So manual debugging like adding some printf around
> the dlopen/dlsym calls in sal can help find what is the last .so to be
> dlopened, and adding/debugging the component_writeInfo etc calls in
> that .so can see if they're getting called at all, and sort of narrow
> down where things are going wrong.

I added some debugging printfs around dlopen/dlsym in sal/, as
suggested, and found that it was just another instance of rpath
problems (finding pyuno) which I currently just work around -- I added
a workaround for that and could continue my build :)

Thanks for your explanations and suggestions!

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list