[Libreoffice] FOO_GTK error when running autogen.sh

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 13:05:01 PDT 2010

On 03/11/10 19:44, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
> OK, folks, I've got another issue, this time when running autogen.sh.
>
> Here's the command I'm running (OS is CentOS 5).
>
> ./autogen.sh --with-git --with-num-cpus=3 --without-junit --disable-kde4
>
> I get the following configure error:
>
> checking for autoconf... yes
> checking for flex... yes
> checking for bison... yes
> checking for ccache... no
> checking for distcc... no
> checking for widget sets... checking for FOO_GTK... no
> configure: error: Gtk+ library requirements were not met
>
> If I throw the "--disable-gtk" switch, autogen.sh is happy.  I
> checked, and I'm seeing the gtk+-devel and gtk2-devel packages installed.
> BTW, this is a new box, a 64-bit Core 2 Duo running 64-bit CentOS 5.
> Both the 32- and 64-bit versions of the gtk+ and gtk2 binaries and
> "-devel" packages appear to be installed.  I made sure by yum
> install'ing these packages, and they're showing up as already installed.
>
> Suggestions?

First thing. Have you got a file gtk+-2.0.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig? If
not, any ideas why not? If a similar file, what's that called?

configure.in is using pkgconfig to see what libraries you have on your
system, and that's the library it's looking for. If it can't find it,
that's why it's moaning that gtk isn't present.

Let me know more, and I'll dig deeper (I'm trying to get the Qt version
of this test working correctly :-)

Cheers,
Wol