[Libreoffice] large swathes of commented/#if 0 code removed

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Nov 8 17:19:03 PST 2010

Hi Caolan,

Caolán McNamara píše v Po 08. 11. 2010 v 21:14 +0000:

> caolanm->kendy: What's the story with the conversion of leading tabs
> to space and the whitespace checkin rules. e.g. We can't checking in
> trailing whitespace, but nearly every file has trailing whitespace on
> line 4 :-) I'm guessing we can't just automate the removal of trailing
> whitespace ?

Oh well, my mistake when I did the svn -> git conversion tool initially
was that I was changing just the leading tabs, but not removing the
trailing whitespace :-( - that would save us some burden these days.  It
is not that easy to change now, unfortunately.

A week or 2 ago, I've extended the pre-commit git hook
(git-hooks/pre-commit) so that whenever you introduce trailing
whitespace in code (\.\(c\|cpp\|cxx\|h\|hrc\|hxx\|idl\|java\)), it runs
'git stripspace' on the files you are about to commit that have
whitespace errors, and fixes them silently.  This is probably too
intrusive - it fixes whitespace even on the lines you did not touch.

If it is not desirable, I'll update the hook so that it fixes just the
lines where the committer introduces the trailing whitespace, and won't
touch the rest of the whitespace errors - should I?

Regards,
Kendy