[Libreoffice] Updated the pre-commit hook [was: Re: large swathes of commented/#if 0 code removed]

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Nov 9 08:24:22 PST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-09 at 10:48 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> > If it is not desirable, I'll update the hook so that it fixes just the
> > lines where the committer introduces the trailing whitespace, and won't
> > touch the rest of the whitespace errors - should I?
>
> Hmm, yeah, I think just stripping the whitespace on the newly modified
> lines might be handier.

OK - so I have updated the hook to strip the trailing whitespace only on
the newly added/modified lines, it's using a newly created
bin/fix-trailing-whitespace.pl.  I tested it as much as I could, but
please - be extra careful when you see the

  Fixed whitespace in 'filename'

message, and check the output

  git log -p

thoroughly, if it did not break your file, or its rights, or whatever.

Regards,
Kendy