[Libreoffice] Calc usability improvements

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Nov 12 04:22:56 PST 2010

At 5:32am -0500 Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Kohei (or was it Jody) fixed this many moons ago; I believe the
> default is set to improve usability here in LibreOffice; I too fell
> over this as my first step using calc (as an en_US user). Of course -
> our patch 'fixes' this only for locales where it makes sense : eg.
> English. for (eg.) German&  French - it remains ';' for separator
> since ',' is a decimal separator there. 3,5 (de) == 3.5 (en)

Man, some smart people on this list and.  As a conceited en_US user, I
just learned the ';' approach initially and accepted it as a quirk of a
different product.  I didn't even think there might have been a reason
behind it (other locales!).  And when it changed to ',' I didn't give it
a second thought.

Do you know roughly when?  I could have sworn it was 3.0, but perhaps
that was because of out-of-band patches from the *nix distros I was
using at the time.

Cheers,

Kevin