[Libreoffice] SvxHyperlinkDlg still used?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Fri Nov 12 14:52:35 PST 2010

Michael Meeks wrote (12-11-10 17:46)

> 	Riight - on the other hand, using that toolbar I'm somewhat appalled by
> it. Christoph - any chance of some quick review of that hyperlink bar ?
> it looks to me as if it is some legacy cruft from the days when
> StarOffice was an HTML editor.
>
> 	Worse than that, it seems that it provides editable controls that do
> not allow you to edit the hyperlink itself ;-)

Hmm, its not that bad. Put the cursor on an existing hyperlink, or
select a button, change the url in the toolbar, choose Text/Button again
and it is changed.

> There is a also this top-level 'web link' editor button in the top-level UI.

==Insert>Hyperlink

There is some analogy between the Find&Replace window and the new quick
find toolbar, and the Hyperlink dialog and this toolbar.
The toolbar is really simple to use.

>  Finally there is a tool-tip that provides the target link
>  information in an easy-to-get-at way.

Yes. That is a fairly recent improvement.

> 	My suggestion is that we rid ourselves of it, and save one menu item,
> and one module of under-used code.

Since the context menu provides easy access, I would say OK. Since the
Hyperlink dialog is more complex (compare F&R and quick Find), I doubt
.. Although, people able to choose between target _blank, _self etc,
must be considered skilled enough to handle the dialog too.

Just my 2c of course.

Cor