[Libreoffice] LO crash

John LeMoyne Castle jlc at mail2lee.com
Fri Nov 12 15:33:38 PST 2010

At my limit with this but it might be helpful...
Appears there are varied issues with system &/or our file picker ...
From
http://opengrok.go-oo.org/xref/libs-core/sfx2/source/dialog/filedlgimpl.hxx#mxFileDlg

   1315 sal_Int16 FileDialogHelper_Impl::implDoExecute()
   1316 {
   1317     preExecute();
   1318
   1319     sal_Int16 nRet = ExecutableDialogResults::CANCEL;
   1320
   1321 //On MacOSX the native file picker has to run in the primordial
thread because of drawing issues
   1322 //On Linux the native gtk file picker, when backed by gnome-vfs2,
needs to be run in the same
   1323 //primordial thread as the ucb gnome-vfs2 provider was initialized
in.
   1324 /*
   1325 #ifdef WNT
   1326     if ( mbSystemPicker )

... (more commented out ifdef code) ....

   1340         try
   1341         {
   1342 #ifdef WNT
   1343             if ( mbSystemPicker )
   1344             {
   1345                 SolarMutexReleaser aSolarMutex;
   1346                 nRet = mxFileDlg->execute();
   1347             }
   1348             else
   1349 #endif
   1350             nRet = mxFileDlg->execute();
   1351         }
   1352         catch( const Exception& )
   1353         {
   1354             DBG_ERRORFILE( "FileDialogHelper_Impl::implDoExecute:
caught an exception!" );
   1355         }
   1356     }
   1357
   1358     postExecute( nRet );
   1359
   1360     return nRet;
   1361 }

Mutex needed on the vanilla file picker execute?
I can't even try this...
A) Don't know how to properly apply mutex, especially not in the case of
Linux note above, and
B) Can't reproduce on Ubuntu 10.04 with either file picker in a recent
master.
LeMoyne