[Libreoffice] More links inherited from OOo

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:22:56 PST 2010

Hi Thorsten, *,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> after some more grepping, also adapted the readmes to only reference
> documentfoundation/libreoffice links. File is attached, would be
> cool if you could review it for correctness, language - and whether
> the links as such make sense.

Technically it is OK - while silverstripe by default uses "directory"
style links ( http://test.libreoffice.org/why/ ), you can also use it
with added .html ( http://test.libreoffice.org/why.html ) so no
problem from that side, but of course those pages don't exist yet.
(and welcome/readme.html or home/readme.html or product/readme.html or
home/readme.html... probably a matter of taste)

And it probably should then use a unified scheme (the accessibility
link uses the directory-style link)

The contributing one points to documentfoundation.org

And more important:

Do we want to have a support.libreoffice.org subsite, or do we want to
have www.libreoffice.org/support?
#####################
Now to some content questions:
* System requirements
  1,5GB of free harddisk for the Mac/Intel version? 150MB for download
package and 500MB for the installed product should be enough, so that
seems a little exaggerated.
And specifying an intel processor as the requirement for the Mac/Intel
version seems pointless :-)

For both mac versions (Intel/PPC) the requirements are Mac OS X 10.4 or newer

* Quirks
 How old is that entry wrt gnome and SESSION_MANAGER? I never
encountered that myself, and I never heard of such a problem on the
mailing lists...

* Registration
Readme mentions registrations, but for LO there is no registration, is there?

* The readme talks about a survey online, but doesn't mention how to
get there/hot to participate in that survey

* Bug reports
Refers to issueZilla on the <productname> website - should be changed
to fdo bugzilla

ciao
Christian