[Libreoffice] RID_FRENCH_50_NAMES and RID_FRENCH_60_NAMES

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 03:40:55 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 21:49 -0300, Júlio Hoffimann wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm finishing a patch to add portuguese labels for symbols in
> starmath. In the file "symbol.src" exists two lists of labels for each
> language:
>

> RID_FRENCH_50_NAMES
> RID_FRENCH_60_NAMES
>

> RID_ITALIAN_50_NAMES
> RID_ITALIAN_60_NAMES

The "50" and "60" here refer to basically "StarOffice 5" and "StarOffice
6". You don't want to add anything here. i.e. no RID_PORTUGUESE_50 or
_60 names. I'm reliably informed that these exist only to replace
localized strings which made their way into the equation text of some
older localized versions of StarOffice 5.X and 6.X. In modern version
the text is always physically saved as the "canonical" english equation
text (the entries in RID_EXPORT_SYMBOL_NAMES).

So ignore those, don't add any 50/60 new ones, and just translate the
RID_UI_SYMBOL_NAMEs etc.

C.