[Libreoffice] 5 times LGPL installed

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Wed Nov 17 11:28:07 PST 2010

>>  I disagree here. odt is the native format of LibO.
>
> In what way?

This is indeed just a question, BTW. See the question mark.

I am open to convincing arguments that ODF really is in some clear sense the native format of OOo/LibO, for instance if the structure of an ODF document corresponds closely to the internal data structures. Does it?

(Although in that case, I don't really see how people can yell/laugh at Microsoft for their "native" formats being in the same fashion just a serialization of internal data structures in MS Office...) (Note that this is a technical comparison only. Originally, the MS formats of course were not publicly documented and thus inherently "evil".)

--tml