[Libreoffice] LibreOffice Beta 3

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Nov 22 02:26:35 PST 2010

Hi David,

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 18:54 -0500, David Burleigh wrote:
> I am running LibreOffice Beta 3 under Ubuntu 10.10 (64-bit) and it seems
> to gradually bog down with use, so that I have to exit and restart it
> several times a day. It gets so that cursor movement is very slow. This
> was also a problem with Beta 2, and I was hoping that Beta 3 would fix
> it, but not so...

	First thing to do is - file a bug :-) secondly - it would be great to
know if this is a regression from OO.o :-) thirdly - it would  be
wonderful to know what kind of use pattern you're using - if it is
load/edit/save/close in a loop - then - there are some known memory
leaks that cause serious grief (sadly) and chasing these is a matter of
time and effort and extreme slowness using:

	valgrind --leak-check=full ./soffice.bin >& /tmp/val-log

	and filing the log after a set of user interactions.

	An easier way to prod this is to use:

	pmap `pidof soffice.bin` | grep writable

	and watch that as you do various operations; particularly looking for
jumps, or any slow increment while you're doing things.

	Anyhow - would be great to have help with this ! :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.