[Libreoffice] [patch] binfilter: cleanup and compilation warnings removal.

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Nov 22 13:07:50 PST 2010

Hi Pierre,

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:06 +0100, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:
> Okay, but at compile time, there is really a flow of warning. So I
> wanted also to work a bit on it..... That's just cleaning, not really
> improving.

	Sure sure :-) fair enough.

> clone/filters/binfilter/bf_sc/source/core/tool/sc_token.cxx:1573:28:
> warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

	Right - so we can chop that code out with prejudice as you say :-)

> would as cleaning be acceptable to change the code to:
>
> /*N*/      rStream.Read( c, n );
> /*N*/      cStr[ n ] = 0;

	Of course ! no point in keeping dead code around.

> If yes, a lot of code can be removed (between 40 and 60 comparisons are
> generating this warning). So I would prefer not starting and beeing told
> not to touch it afterward.

	Go for it :-) of course, this is the sort of patch that scares patch
reviewers, so I would pair up the compile messages of this form, with
the diff (if you can) ?

	Really, of course - I'd love to have someone working on eg.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks#don.27t_ship_150_duplicate_placeholder_icons

	Which should be mind-numblingly simple and yet yield a real image-size
(and hence performance) win :-)

	Any chance of a small detour on the way ? :-)

	Thanks anyhow,

		Michael.