[Libreoffice] Git question again

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 24 14:07:51 PST 2010

Le 24/11/2010 23:03, Miklos Vajna a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:42:58PM +0100, Julien Nabet<serval2412 at yahoo.fr>  wrote:
>
>> Now i do :
>> bin/g pull -r
>>
>> and i got this :
>> ===== components =====
>> usage: git merge-base [-a|--all]<commit>  <commit>...
>>
>>       -a, --all             outputs all common ancestors
>>
>> usage: git merge-base [-a|--all]<commit>  <commit>...
>>
>>       -a, --all             outputs all common ancestors
>>
>> You are not currently on a branch, so I cannot use any
>>
> It's not obvious for me, either. Maybe you did something else as well
> what you forgot to mention. :) What is the output of git branch in
> 'rawbuild/components'? if it's not "* master", then use 'git checkout
> master' to switch to master, then g pull -r should work.

Here what i've got :
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone$ git branch
* master
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone$ cd components/
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components$ git branch
* (no branch)
   master
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components$ cd cui/
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components/cui$ git branch
* (no branch)
   master
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components/cui$ cd source/
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components/cui/source$
git branch
* (no branch)
   master
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components/cui/source$ cd
customize/
serval at serval:~/libreoffice-source/build/clone/components/cui/source/customize$
git branch
* (no branch)
   master

I call git branch on the different subdirectories because i don't know
if you can have "master" at the top level and <other branch> at another
level

Julien.