[Libreoffice] Auto-detection of toolbar icon size (well, kinda)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Nov 25 01:19:04 PST 2010

Hi there,

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 00:36 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> prompted by some complaints on too large icons on Mac, switched the
> icon size from 'large' to 'auto' for 3.3.

	Did we ever get some screenshots of the perceived problem ? I asked in
some bug, but never got that back AFAIR.

> this was already in place for windows

	I really think the small icons are a usability, and legibility disaster
when used on large screens - and there is a real risk of selecting them;
if the Mac people get their DPI settings together that's great, Linux
doesn't (of course).

> added similar code for Mac). Gnome/KDE pick large icons unconditionally
> currently - but maybe someone wants to add nice auto-sizing code
> there?

	Can't be based on DPI; that is mostly fixed.

	My concern is for Windows really - I'd want the vast majority of users
on > 1024x768 to have large icons.

	Have we tested it there ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.