[Libreoffice] Remove duplicate 'placeholder' icons

Joachim Trémouroux joachim.tremouroux at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 07:01:50 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

Here is another patch for the duplicate icons task.

On 11/25/2010 02:18 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 22:04 +0100, Joachim Trémouroux wrote:
> I have looked at the calling places. The ImplImageTree::loadImage
>
>> method is called here:
>> vcl/source/gdi/bitmapex.cxx
>> vcl/source/gdi/image.cxx
>> vcl/source/gdi/imagerepository.cxx
>>
>        Right; we should clearly clobber the BitmapEx constructor from a
> ResId
> - since this is just grabbing a path from a resource file - to load the
> missing icon if it is not there.

I have modified BitmapEx in the attached patch

> Where ImageList::GetImage is called
> from, I don't know, we should audit that too.

g grep "vcl/image.hxx" | wc -l     returns 179 lines...

I guess I need more time to check this ;-)

 ImageRepository::loadImage is called in

>> libs-gui/svtools/source/graphic/provider.cxx  (method
>> GraphicProvider::queryGraphicDescriptor)
>>    itself called in components/cui/source/customize/cfg.cxx
>>    and in impress/sd/source/filter/grf/sdgrffilter.cxx
>>
>        Right - this badly needs the return value; perhaps we should add the
> loadMissing parameter - and default to false on the ImageRepository
> class as well.
>
>  Done.

 libs-gui/toolkit/source/layout/core/helper.cxx  (method
>> layoutimpl::loadGraphic)
>>    itself called in toolkit/source/awt/vclxbutton.cxx
>>    and in toolkit/source/layout/vcl/wbutton.cxx
>>
>        This should be substituting missing icons.

Done in helper.cxx

        Wrt. testing, I would try adding a custom item / icon to a toolbar
> and
> then editing the file to rename the icon named (so it doesn't exist),
> and re-loading [ prolly easiest if saved as flat-XML ? ] to see if we
> get the right behaviour with the missing icon code there (?).

Is there a tutorial somewhere? It doesn't look so obvious to me...
I have tried to rename an icon in a existing .xhp file but I still see the
correct icon. Not sure I have modified the correct file

Attached patch is LGPLv3+/MPL.
As suggested by Andrew I have used an existing icon for the fallback icon.

I'll continue with auditing the usage of vcl/image.hxx. And of course a bit
of testing.

Regards,
Joachim.