[Libreoffice] getting LO into debian

Andrew rugby471 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:29:44 PST 2010

On 27/11/10 17:20, Jani Monoses wrote:
> On 11/27/2010 05:36 PM, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> It already for almost a month.
>>
>> to make that more precise: first upload to Debian on *Oct, 13*. Accepted (because
>> NEW package) etc.: Nov, 8. That was beta2. Beta3 got accepted on Nov, 18.
>>
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libr/libreoffice.html
>> http://packages.debian.org/libreoffice

>>> Ask them, not me.
>>
>> If they can't do a simple pull in one month, though they are paid for doing it and /me
>> who did already the major work (also at nights!) for it, well..
>
> There may be exceptions but I think Ubuntu pulls from sid not from
> experimental as a rule. When the package appears in sid it will probably
> be available in Ubuntu devel version in a short time.

I wouldn't worry about it getting into Ubuntu. At UDS it was confirmed
that LibreOffice would be in the default install, as well as Mark
Shuttleworth saying it would replace OpenOffice.

If you really want to make something happen, ping someone/ask the
question in #ubuntu-desktop on irc.freenode.net (in the week).

HTH

--
Andrew