[Libreoffice] getting LO into debian

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Nov 29 02:43:54 PST 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 17:29 +0000, Andrew wrote:
> I wouldn't worry about it getting into Ubuntu. At UDS it was confirmed
> that LibreOffice would be in the default install, as well as Mark
> Shuttleworth saying it would replace OpenOffice.

	And - I guess more positively; we have high hopes and hopeful signs
that Canonical will hire a full-time LibreOffice hacker to do some
really positive work; so - if we forget the past quickly ;-) the future
looks bright (orange) ? :-)

	Of course, the fact is, as of now, that the whole Debian' universe'
packaging is all Rene's work (built on Chris Halls' and of course a lot
of common effort we've put into OO.o packaging over many years
collectively).

	ATB,

		Michael.