[Libreoffice] Release criteria

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Nov 29 03:14:05 PST 2010

Yi Fan Jiang píše v So 27. 11. 2010 v 19:07 -0700:
> Hi Petr,
>
> The blocker criteria would be quite useful ;-) Thank you!
>
> For the process to nominate a blocker, is there a specific reason to
> report a nomination
> twice (1 in mailing list, 2 in bugzilla)?

> Please use the subject:
>
> Nominating bug xxxx as blocker for LibO-X.Y.Z release
>
> You should also add a dependency to the meta bug:
>
>       * LibO-3.3 - bug #31865
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> A potential problem of the twice nominating is reporter may forget to
> do another process
> after finishing one step. e.g. what if he/she only sends a mail and
> forget comment on Bugzilla?
> Then more documentation effort will be needed to keep 2 sets of
> information 'sync'.
>
> A uniform reporting path might make it more manageable. Can we just
> add libreoffice
> mailing list to a CC list of the meta bug or something like that.
> Since the release version
> is included in the Meta bug title, we would not be likely missing new
> blocker information
> in the mailing list. For the detailed bug list, we just need to check
> the dependency fields
> by clicking meta bug URL inside the mail.

I like the idea about adding libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org into CC
of the meta bug.  IMHO, it is worth to have the discussion about blocker
bugs on the dev mailing list. Others might help to provide more details
if we are in doubts...

Thorsten, Kendy, others, what do you think about it?

Best Regards,
Petr