[Libreoffice] Script to find undocumented classes

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Nov 30 10:15:32 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 04:21:08PM +0100, Thorsten Behrens <thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Miklos Vajna wrote:
> > Does the idea sounds sane, OK to push?
> >
> Totally!

OK, pushed.

> Would you maybe also be interested to work on an improved
> start page / index, e.g. like this here:
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/hg/vigra/file/bf402d01f821/docsrc/index.dxx
>
> (see
> http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/hg/vigra/file/bf402d01f821/include/vigra/matrix.hxx
> for how defgroup / ingroup etc. could be used)?

Hm, sure - but I guess that in general needs a general knowledge of at
least a whole module, which is not really the case for me. Or you mean
a group for each subdirectory, which is probably something I can do? :)

> Additionally, I think most classes don't necessarily need detailed
> docs for all methods in the first place (which may also hurt later
> merging from OOo), but would already benefit from a two-line
> "mission statement" at class level (of course plus some module-level
> overview of "what's inside").

Yes, I think it's more important to have a mission statement for a lot
of classes than a few fully documented ones. :)

That's what the script does - normally doxygen emits tons of warnings
and this way it's easy to search for classes where there isn't a single
line of doxygen comment at all.

OTOH in the long run I agree with Lubos that it would be nice to have
methods documented as well, unless that makes merging really hard. (I
don't think it makes merging harder than comment cleanup does.)