[Libreoffice] Install problem

krishnan parthasarathi krishnan.parthasarathi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 02:52:50 PDT 2010

Hi Michael,

> in the system directories and not in the python that was built in LO.
>
>         Right - so - we added a fix to ooinstall in git master that should
> make
> this work for you - just update: $ git pull -r # in your top-level
> source directory, and this should be fixed.
>
>        Thanks for the report, hope it works for you now,

Thanks for the quick fix. I pulled the updated sources and did a fresh build
followed by running
bin/ooinstall. Now it fails complaining that _socket module is missing.

<error_snip>
register component 'vnd.openoffice.pymodule:pythonscript' in registry
'/tmp/ooopackaging/i_34281286012035/
unxlngx6.pro/OpenOffice//gid_Starregistry_Services_Rdb_servicesrdb/en-US_inprogress_1/services.rdb'
failed!
error (RuntimeException): python object raised an unknown exception ('No
module named _socket', traceback follows
<traceback object at 0x7f217dba17e8>
<error_snip>

 Let me know if i need to supply with more information. Meanwhile, I will
try to see if I missed something.

cheers,
--Krishnan Parthasarathi