[Libreoffice] Language configuration (spell check , ...)

Rene Engelhard rene at rene-engelhard.de
Sun Oct 3 06:30:49 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 03:12:07PM +0200, Jean-Nicolas Culot wrote:
> It seems the management is different from OOo (even 3.3).

Not that I know. OOo 3.3 also has the options to not ship the dicts
and use them from the system.

> There is no more dic extensions, nor any dictionary.xcu of linguistic.xcu files.

Then build them? And install them?

> Have installed LibO, I have fr and en but no thesaurus at all (and it works fine with OOo 3.3).

It works the same.

(And in addition it supports system-wide installation, the following ./configure options are used:

--with-ant-home=$BUILDDIR/$APACHE_ANT
--with-system-dicts
--with-external-dict-dir=/usr/share/hunspell
--with-external-hyph-dir=/usr/share/hyphen
--with-external-thes-dir=/usr/share/mythes

"internal" dicts should still work, though.

Grüße/Regards,

René