[Libreoffice] About InstallationFinder (sdk, Java), an API question.

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Tue Oct 5 23:34:17 PDT 2010

Fridrich Strba wrote:
> Hi, Guiseppe,
>
> On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 22:41 +0200, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>>  From what I understand, in OOo the class is used to look for the path
>> where OOo is installed and from there obtaining the URE path.
>>
>> In OOo it works using the symlink:
>>
>> $ ls -l $(which soffice)
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 2010-07-05 10:59 /usr/bin/soffice ->
>> /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice
>>
>> But in LibO that symlink is:
>>
>> $ ls -l $(which libreoffice)
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2010-10-05 17:35 /usr/bin/libreoffice ->
>> /usr/bin/libreoffice3
>>
>> That's the reason why I'm not sure whether it works.
>> For the InstallationFinder to work in LibO, the symlink should be
>> something as:
>>
>> /usr/bin/libreoffice -> /opt/libreoffice3/program/soffice
>>
>> The soffice that, I think, you are referring to, will stay the same.
>
> The little hurdle is that the /opt/libreoffice3/program/soffice is a
> script that sets some environment and launches `basename $0`.bin. As it
> is it will break saying that there is
> no /opt/libreoffice3/program/libreoffice.bin
> This could work, only one would need to modify that script that first
> looks for `basename $0`.bin and if it does not find it, looks for
> soffice.bin. If a volunteer could do it in desktop/scripts/soffice.sh in
> a posix compliant way that does not break anything on exotic platforms,
> it would just be wonderful. I might just hardcode soffice.bin there for
> the time being.

I see, I don't have sufficient experience above POSIX compiance of the
'sed' expression below, but the only thing that I came up with was:

-sd_binary=`basename "$0"`.bin
+sd_binary=`basename "$0" | sed 's/libreoffice/soffice/g'`.bin

and then adjust symlink accordingly:

/usr/bin/libreoffice =--> /opt/libreoffice3/program/soffice
/usr/bin/libreoffice3 =--> /opt/libreoffice3/program/soffice

Giuseppe.
--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno