[Libreoffice] Easy Hacks "remove all the bogus comments lying around"

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Oct 6 03:39:44 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 07:14:09AM +0200, David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Not to question what you say, but is tabstop really necessary? If we
> > have no tabs in the code, I think that part can be avoided.
> >

> It's always set anyway, with default value 8. It just defines how tab
> stops are placed (at every fourth character, in Caolán's example). With
> expandtab, no real tab character inserted if you hit Tab key--it's
> converted to appropriate number of spaces. See :help 'et' and :help 'ts'
> for details.

That's my point - I think if we (ideally) don't have tabs in the code
then tabstop should not be necessary. And if for some reason we have
some, then it's way easier to spot those if ts is not set to a lower
value IMHO.

It's a minor thing, but if we are going to have it in the footer of
every source file, then I would say it's important. :)