[Libreoffice] seg fault building connectivity

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Oct 7 04:13:25 PDT 2010

Hi John,

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 19:35 -0500, John Wohn wrote:
> Michael and whoever else might be kind enough to be looking at this
> for me: don't bother.

	Oh - shame :-) it looked like you had found some really interesting
bug.

> My laptop has suddenly started showing signs of impending logic board
> failure.  My build problems may be hardware related.  I will build on
> another machine and if I still have problems I'll post again.

	Did building LibreOffice send your laptop into the next world ? ;-)
Anyhow - I would suggest we continue to chase the bug just in case -
nothing should crash repeatably.

> > /home/john/3buildlo/build/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.1/solenv/bin/checkdll.sh":
> > not in executable format: File format not recognized

	Ah - quite right :-) What I would do is hack that shell script to add:

-    $checkdll "$@"
+    gdb --args $checkdll "$@"

	And try again - you'll need to type 'run' at the prompt.

	Failing that, valgrind --trace-children=yes on the shell script itself
may show us something useful.

	Thanks so much for trying this stuff out - all feedback from hackers
such as yourself much appreciated.

	All the best,

		Michael.