[Libreoffice] Using gnu-cp on Mac OS X for building LibreOffice

Eric Hoch eric_openoffice at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 07:03:36 PDT 2010

Hi all,

while I wasn't subscribed to this list there was a part of the
thread
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-October/000217.html>
were it's stated that in order to build LibreOffice under Mac OS X
gnu-copy is needed.

Christian Lohmaier did a great job for OpenOffice.org to clean up
the build system and make it use default software coming with Mac
OS X so that OpenOffice.org can be build out of the box after
installing XCode.

And now we go a step back and need to install gnu-copy again?

OK, gnu-copy is not that big a think but it's a beginning and it
could end up in adding more and more libs and binaries needed which
aren't in a default Mac OS X installation or one after installing
XCode.

Rise the bar in order to build LibreOffice on the Mac? This
shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be to keep it as simple as
possible to build it. Therefore I'm asking why is it necessary to
use gnu-copy instead the copy coming with Mac OS X?

I'm not a programmer but I have experience in building OOo on the
Mac and for me it was really cool to build OOo without the need of
additional software. The only "additional" software needed was
ccache but you can build without.

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!