[Libreoffice] Some more features...

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Thu Oct 7 07:16:48 PDT 2010

Hello Andras,

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 14:21 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
> 2010.10.05. 15:45 keltezéssel, Kohei Yoshida írta:
> >
> > * Quick insertion of current date and time into current cell, via
> >   command.  With this change, you can insert current date or time via
> >   a single key stroke.  They are bound by default to Ctrl-';'
> >   (semicolon) to Ctrl-Shift-';', respectively.
> >

> I tested this feature and I have two small problems.
> 1. Semicolon is not a good choice for my locale (hu), because it is
> mapped to AltGr+, therefore shortcut key does not work.

Ah, that's not good!  Thanks for pointing that out.  Do you happen to
have any suggestions as to what default short cut keys should be for the
Hungarian locale?  For the US English locale and several others I tested
I followed Excel's short cuts for the reason of familiarity.

> 2. On Tools -> Customize -> Keyboard panel Insert Current Date and
> Insert Current Time functions are in the Options category. I think
> putting them into the Insert category would be more logical.

Yup.  The category definitely needs to be revised, for sure.  IIRC
command's categories are defined in the helpcontent xml files, so we'll
just need to find where it's defined and change it there, or if it's not
defined yet (which is more likely) we need to add an entry for this
feature with a more appropriate category.

Anyway, good findings. :-)

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc