[Libreoffice] Some more features...

camille.moulin at free.fr camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 07:54:43 PDT 2010

----- "Kohei Yoshida" <kyoshida at novell.com> a écrit :
[...]
> No disagreement there.  I would be among the first ones to support
> removal of this cruft.

Great :-)

> Having said that, once we remove this, it won't be easy to add it
> back.
> So I'd personally like to be a bit careful on making decision here.

I completely agree with you here. That's why I was happy but when Caolán McNamara implemented yesterday a change I had been wainting for (no auto conversion of numbers in Writer's tables by default) but also worried that it hadn't been validated at UX level.
I think it would be good for everyone if we can reach a broad consensus on this, including from OOo's UX team.
I have started formalizing my arguments in favour of this change there :

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/aboutFramework#Read_Only_files_should_be_open_in_R.2FW_mode

> For
> example, can anybody provide any arguments for keeping the current
> behavior?

That's also what I'd like to know. I'll post on OOoUX list about that tonight.

Cheers,
Camille