[Libreoffice] [SCRIPT, EASYHACK] "add-modelines", a script to add modelines to source files

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Oct 9 12:44:12 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 12:34 -0700, someone at boldandbusted.com wrote:
> I think this feature calls for a script getopts-style option where one
>  can select to either not clobber exsiting modelines (the default) or
>  remove and replace existing modelines.

A quick opengrok (http://opengrok.go-oo.org/) on "vi:set", "ex:set" and
"vim:set" suggest that I'm nearly the only one who ever added them
before now to .cxx files and all of those could be clobbered. There's
one in regexp which isn't mine, but it could be clobbered too. There are
some perl scripts which have modelines which are nothing to do with me
but they're not affected by this script anyway.

As a minor aside, SourceFiles='*.cxx *.cpp' can be extended to .hxx, .h
and .hpp to I guess. Hmm, maybe also .idl.

C.