[Libreoffice] [SCRIPT, EASYHACK] "add-modelines", a script to add modelines to source files

someone at boldandbusted.com someone at boldandbusted.com
Sun Oct 10 03:25:07 PDT 2010

Hi LibreOffice devs,

OK, here's the next version (0.7).

This version has some user interface improvements, and probably some
improved bugs. ;)

add-modelines takes arguments:

$ ./add-modelines -?
./add-modelines: illegal option -- ?
Usage: ./add-modelines [-z] [-s "<sourcefile glob>"] [-p <path to
source>]

So, now you can:

* use -z to zap existing modelines (if they are the first and last lines
of a file)
* use -s to specify file suffixes. Eg. "-s *.cxx *.cpp *.hxx *.silly"
* use -p to specify the path to your LO source directory

These are optional, and if none are used, defaults are set within the
script. If you omit an option, here's the defaults

* Don't zap existing modelines
* Use the current working directory for the search
* Look for *.cpp and *.cxx to add modelines to

Should I start submitting patches for new changes to this file, rather
than ML posts? ;)

Please let me know how it goes for you, and if you experience
turbulence, and if it meets your needs.

Cheers,

Jesse Adelman
San Francisco, CA
Bold and Busted LLC
http://www.boldandbusted.com/

P.S. I'm not submitting the test git patches I ran to validate the
changes, in the interest of space. But I can make them again by request.