[Libreoffice] My Macros:Standard library + Extensions lost in Win install over OO 3.2

Noel Power noel.power at novell.com
Mon Oct 11 05:09:04 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 20:41 -0700, LeMoyne wrote:
> I could not find a way to import the code as Basic code.  I also was unable
> to kludge in the code with file copying.  The remaining workaround was to
> re-build my code by cut and paste from the old code (*.xba) stored in
> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\basic\Standard
To migrate your macros in Standard you could try the following,
a) copy the *.xba from your old OpenOffice locations to the
corrosponding LibreOffice directory
b) modify the libreoffice/3/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb file to add
any new modules, like

<library:library xmlns:library="http://openoffice.org/2000/library"
library:name="Standard" library:readonly="false"
library:passwordprotected="false">
 <library:element library:name="Module1"/>
+ <library:element library:name="MyOldOpenOfficeModule"/>
^^^^^

c) for libraries other than 'Standard' you can import a library using
the macro organisr  Tools | Macros | Organise Macros | LibreOffice
Basic..
   press the 'Organizer..' button and select the Library tab on the
raised dialog, you should see an 'Import' ?button there

> The MRI extension re-install was not a problem and it brought back their
> helper scripts.
that would be advisable anyway I think
> For my "better" helpers and for my project code I was able to re-build them
> by hand pretty quickly.
> The workaround of cut-and-paste was not a real issue for me with three files
> and a total <~20 pages of code which is still all due for a re-write anyway:
> it is mostly junk and previous VBA code commented out.
>
>   --  However  --
> I think this is a real adoption issue for Windows OpenOffice users with an
> existing code base of scripts/macros outside of documents.

Agreed, we should do something about that, which reminds me there used
to be code that imported Staroffice macros, you could try rename your
"...\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3" to "...\Roaming\StarOffice\8"
After doing that ( and before launching the office application ) you
should addition rename your LibreOffice config directory to something
else ( that will a) make sure have a copy of your previous migration
attempts b) will force the migration ( if that actually works ) )

thanks

Noel