[Libreoffice] LibreOffice config migration

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Oct 11 18:40:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

Mechtilde thankfully reported a problem with old OOo 2.x user
installations, which get migrated over to LibreOffice automatically
- problem is, the OOo code we inherit here has several bugs.

So we talked a bit on IRC tonight, and we somehow figured it would
be a good idea to keep migrating basic things like UserProfile,
Passwords etc.

Did not do extensive experiments on this (mostly because I lack
elaborate OOo 2.x profile dirs), but the easiest way to handle that
is purely by editing xml configuration files - namely, the
"Migration" section in data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu (below
officecfg/registry in the source tree, and
share/extensions/report-builder/registry/ for a LibreOffice
install).

Hopefully, removing the sections "Datasources" and "Basic" from the
"MigrationSteps" list already fixes your problems, Mechtilde.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten