[Libreoffice] C{,PP}FLAGS ignored in sal

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 01:33:45 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 08:37 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 05:25:59PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > I don't see my CFLAGS nor CPPFLAGS, which would make it find boost, in
> > the gcc arguments.
> > How can I make them used in this part of the build?

I don't think we have any proper support to pass CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
down to everything correctly. You can try using "ARCH_FLAGS" as a route
to pass extra flags down to the final compiler line.

> Ok, if that question is too detailed... I haven't yet understood how
> to start parts of the build, I'm always running autogen&&make from
> toplevel. E.g.:

Yeah, the current story is roughly that, taking the current documented
make route, that there is a build wrapper around the core build stuff.

The toplevel ./autogen.sh sets up the inner build, and some other foo.

> Where is the "build" executable I'm supposed to run when a build is
> interrupted?

So, if you open another shell (to keep this simple) and

> cd build/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2
> source *Env.Set.sh
> alias|grep build=

"build" is an alias to a build.pl in solenv

and go to the broken module, say sw

> cd sw
> build

> Do I need to set some environment variables before running it?

Yeah, the somethingEnv.Set.sh, e.g. LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh for me, in the
root of the libreoffice-3.2.99.2 build dir

> What are the files used by dmake to find out what to do?

all those makefile.mk files

> (How) Can I run dmake manually? In which directory? Does it need
> environment variables set as well?

yeah, build calls dmake in each dir, so again lets take sw, and say that
the breakage is in sw/source/filter/ww8

> cd sw/source/filter/ww8
> dmake

> Anything else I should know about building?

The current documented libreoffice build route is one where the
different split git repos live in build/clone, they are all symlinked to
build/rawbuild and the toplevel build/Makefile rsyncs rawbuild into
build/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2 and runs the inner configure in there,
sources the EnvSet.sh file and runs the "build" alias in there.

C.