[Libreoffice] running 'build' ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Oct 14 02:19:03 PDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 08:37 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Where is the "build" executable I'm supposed to run when a build is
> interrupted ?

	Ah - good point :-) I'll update the build script to print a more useful
message in a bit, but first:

> Do I need to set some environment variables before running it?

	Yes - you need to:

	cd build/libreoffice*
	source Linux*Set.sh
	cd <directory-that-failed>
	build # it is a shell alias

> What are the files used by dmake to find out what to do?

	'build' is a perl-script, that parses prj/build.lst to work out what
can be built, and how much parallelism the code can cope with.

> (How) Can I run dmake manually? In which directory? Does it need
> environment variables set as well?

	yes, and yes - dmake gets all it needs from sourcing that (huge)
environment script; so just run it:

	dmake

	There are some useful flags to dmake and build - the most important
are:

	verbose=1 # let me see the compile lines
	debug=true # enable assertions and debugging symbols
	-P10 # do 10 builds in parallel ;-)

> Anything else I should know about building?

	Not really, great questions :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.

PS. Spaetz any chance you could add these to the wiki somewhere ? :-)