[Libreoffice] LibO Beta2 Crashes when inserting a caption into a frame

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Oct 15 10:22:06 PDT 2010

Hi there,

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 20:39 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> Thanks Michael. Is there an easy method for a standard user like myself
> to test this, or do I need to compile myself directly ?

	Sadly you'd need to compile. However - rest assured I tested the crash,
isolated the code, did the fix, tested it - then found that Caolan had
already fixed it in the same way ;-) so I think we're good.

>  I see this issue
> as a potential showstopper for betaX as adding captions to a frame is a
> rather common practice in LibO.
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/#release-notes
> is rather sparse & a mention of the crash there would help.

	Good point; added that there :-)

> leading to:
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/
> is a bit of a miss.

	Nah - that is where bugs should be filed; for now - we are mostly
interested in LibreOffice specific bugs though.

> and, yes, the correct search (I think) is 'libreoffice':
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=libreoffice

	Riight - what would really help is getting some web-enabled person to
create a portal page that would ask people the various bits of
information we need, and then submit the correct fields to the bugzilla
- is that something you could look at.

> Apologies as I realise that this is a dev list, but any guidance that
> you (and others) can provide regarding bug reporting procedures will be
> helpful & can be shared on the user & discuss lists.

	Not at all ! :-) much appreciated. The best person to get involved with
is Andre - who is leading the QA effort - but needs lots of help of
course.

	Thanks,

		Michael.