[Libreoffice] Building on gentoo ...

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Oct 20 11:00:14 PDT 2010

 On 20/10/10 14:39, Wols Lists wrote:
>  On 20/10/10 08:28, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:45:11 +0200, René Kjellerup <rk.katana.steel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the other matter unless you're still running kde 3 then you need
>>> --disable-kde else the config will fail when it can't find Qt 3.x
>> On that matter can, we please --disable-kde by default. I don't know of
>> recent distros that ship kde3 but not KDE4, and those who do can turn it
>> on in their distro-specific defaults.
> Forgive the newbie question, but while I've got a lot of programming
> experience large chunks of detail here (gnu tools, frinstance) are new
> to me.
>
> I've dug a bit, found configure.in, and found
>
> AC_ARG_ENABLE(kde,
> [
>   --disable-kde           Disables KDE native widgets.],
> ,)
>
> Does this switch it on? Will deleting it disable kde by default?
>
> If it will, I'll put a patch in.
>> Even better, our make should detect the lack of qt3 headers and disable
>> it automatically rather than bailing out.
> That's a bit deeper ... won't stop me having a go if someone would care
> to give me a few guidelines :-)
>
>> Sebastian
>>
> Cheers,
> Wol

Just found a bit more ...

if test "$enable_kde" != "no"; then
   if test "z$with_win32" = "z" -a "z`uname -s`" != "zDarwin" -a
"z$with_distro" != "zCrossWin32"; then
      OOO_WIDGET_FLAGS="--enable-kde"
      widget_sets="kde"
   fi
else
   OOO_WIDGET_FLAGS="--disable-kde"
fi

I'm going to try changing != "no" to = "yes" - is that a sensible thing
to do? I'm sure it'll work for me, but will it make it blow up when
people want kde3 - does enable default to a value of yes?

Cheers,
Wol