[Libreoffice] howto for getting non-trivial cppunit tests up and running

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Oct 20 12:44:24 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 13:37 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> sc/qa/unit had an existing cppunit test to ensure that calc can do
> =SUM(A1:A2) correctly but it was currently disabled seeing as it didn't
> work, mostly due to miserable bootstrapping problems. I've fixed that
> test (I think)

So the sc test, while working reliably for me, is apparently not working
for Kohei and others, so its disabled from being run by default for the
moment again. The trigger is definitely an uncaught exception, I'd guess
from some config using path which I'm not seeing for some reason or
other. So I've now added some debugging infrastructure to help track the
problem down.

Can you (g pull -r, etc.) and do...

cd sc/qa/unit

(hopefully in a build where --enable-symbols has been enabled in the
first place)

and send me/make available the gdbtrace.log which should eventually pop
out from that. That should contain the last throw/catch backtraces to
track where the offender is coming from.


More information about the LibreOffice mailing list