[Libreoffice] "damaged" file: sysui's dummy/localize.sdf

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 01:51:45 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 02:32 -0400, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> Hullo List,
>
> I'm a noob to compiling LO, and am having a difficult time compiling it.
>   I've done well enough so far by just waiting and the using the 'bin/g
> pull -r' tidbit.  But this error seems to be recurring, and I can't
> immediately find a link to any section of code or the build process.
>
> -----
> ~/devel/libreoffice$ make
> Entering /home/kevin/devel/libreoffice/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2/sysui/util
>
> /usr/bin/perl checksize.pl
> Checking:../unxlngx6.pro/
> Error: ../unxlngx6.pro/misc/sysui/dummy/localize.sdf 0 Bytes!
> Error: 1 damaged files encountered
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxlngx6.pro/misc/checksize.done'

I think I've seen this one, and I think its i10n/l18n related, so...

whats the original ./autogen.sh line used ?

i.e. head -n 8 /home/kevin/devel/libreoffice/config.log

should be sufficient. My guess is that it might be configured to build
an extra language. If I'm right, and its only a guess, then
running ./download might suck down the additional l18n module which is
needed to make that test happy.

C.