[Libreoffice] Building on gentoo ...

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Oct 21 02:45:26 PDT 2010

 On 21/10/10 08:04, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> While at it, would renaming kde to kde3 and kde4 to kde (or keeping it
> at kde4) make sense. The enable-kde just to get kde3 support looks
> certainly confusing to me.
>
> Sebastian
That'll play havoc with my autoconf-fu :-)

That said, renaming kde to kde3 might be okay - I'd rather not. But I
think we shouldn't change kde4 to kde. I think it's known as kde4
everywhere else. And (I think it's the lilypond list) Arch-linux are
renaming python - and it looked a bit horrifying. They're changing
"python" to "python2" and "python3" to "python" - DESPITE the python
OFFICIAL guidelines saying "python = python2". OUCH!

If I can fix it so kde4 is the default (iirc the other one is called
gtk2 :-) and kde3 isn't built by default, then we needn't worry too
much. Just make sure it's documented :-)

Cheers,
Wol