[Libreoffice] build failure loading pythonloader.uno.so

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 22 06:44:47 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 15:03 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): loading component library failed: ./pythonloader.uno.so
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxbsdx3.pro/lib/pyuno_services.rdb'
>
> I don't know what it's doing here or why it fails -- verbose=1 doesn't
> tell me more.

Here's where porting gets hard unfortunately.

This is just a generic error, and from an exception. What might help you
out there is find exactly where the exceptions is being thrown and see
what the exact error is at the throw point. Which might be rather
painful with exceptions being caught, and something else thrown instead.

e.g. adding the attached patch
and export GDBREGCOMPTRACE=1
you get the picture, even if I've typos etc in this.

The other (horror possibility) is that your uno bridge isn't working at
all. Running the basic part of the uno bridge test might be already
possible for you if you try...

cd testtools/source/bridgetest
dmake

C.