[Libreoffice] Apple Java update on Mac OSX breaks all java functionality in LibO - Issue 115180

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 12:35:54 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Just a heads up coz I don't know whether you've heard about this yet.
Reported in Issue 115180 on OOo Issue Tracker. The problem also affects
LibO in its latest incarnations, (not surprising since the code base is
essentially the same). The suggested symbolic linking on that same issue
only makes the problem worse, with LibO crashing at regular intervals,
instead of just whining that no Java can be detected.

It means that the Database module is particularly affected (among
others, but it also causes all of the Java based extensions to no longer
work as well) :-/

The problem does not affect NeoOffice which means that they have already
developed a solution :-), and it also means that I'm rather glad I kept
a copy laying around.

Alex