[Libreoffice] the basic macro editor

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Oct 25 04:01:01 PDT 2010

Hi there,

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 18:20 -0700, LeMoyne wrote:
> This is a bit different than the editor crash but I am experiencing this
> sudden exit in a fresh build.

	:-)

> 3) Exits with result in terminal::
> /home/ ... /program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /home/ ...
> /program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so: undefined symbol:
> PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

	Nasty - some sort of python conflict;

> Tried debugging steps from Caolan above using gdb
> and I got the unhelpful (?) result:
> /home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/soffice.bin: symbol
> lookup error:
> /home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so:
> undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

	Ok - so this should not be a fatal error ...

> Program exited with code 0177.

	Can you do this:

break _exit
break exit

	and re-run - and get a trace from the exit call ? :-)

> Maybe an old version has been rolled back into the dev master?

	It looks like some conflict between system and internal python - I
guess you built one, and not the other - perhaps you re-configured
between the ways, and have stale python libraries in your solver - I had
an easy-hack to hack build.pl to avoid that :-) but ...

	Thanks for the report :-)

		Michael.