[Libreoffice] Libreoffice I start

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Oct 25 05:32:37 PDT 2010

Hi Jean,

On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 20:49 +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> find command finds the file libstlport_gcc.so in /usr and in /opt (I
> installed deb package on Document Coundation website libreoffice-ure...,
> and I let Debian official OOo on the system). But it seems
> that /opt/libreoffice3/program/swriter doesn't find the file. When I

	So - can you file a bug - so we can get all the info collected in the
same place.

> run swriter, I get "libstlport_gcc.so: no such file or directory". It's
> an error from soffice.bin, says the message too.

	so - run 'ldd soffice.bin' in that directory - we need the output from
that; there should be a ure-link reference to stlport in there.

> How can I tell soffice.bin where find the lib, as it doesn't find
> itself? Is that a bug (don't think as I'm alone to experience it)?

	You could try clobbering your LD_LIBRARY_PATH - but, ideally we'd work
out why it is not working properly instead :-) is it possible that you
omitted installing some URE package, and forced / ignored the package
dependencies ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.