[Libreoffice] PATCH - change default KDE from 3 to 4

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Oct 25 06:37:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 01:46:25PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > This patch (in the top level build dir) makes the development system
> > compile with KDE4 switched on and KDE3 switched off.
>
> 	That sounds reasonable.

ACK.

> 	My ideal is to have neither an enable or disable flag for any of the
> optional pieces: KDE3 / KDE4 / GNOME etc. - but have a default of
> auto-detection, so we only build if they are there.

I disagree. Even if you had auto-detection you still need those
options to *explicitely* en/dissable the features. There's reasons
you want to build without that stuff even when present.

Everything auto-detected is a sure way to breake. should I just build-conflict
against kde so that I don't build kde stuff (assuming I wanted that)

> However it should solve the problem for lots of people.

It will cause more for distributions, though.

Grüße/Regards,

René