[Libreoffice] PATCH - change default KDE from 3 to 4

Mon Oct 25 23:52:09 PDT 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:46:25 +0100, Michael Meeks  wrote:
> > ---disable-kde4
> > +--enable-kde4
>
> 	so - really I would like to avoid this.

This fix is better than nothing. Defaulting to qt3 confused many (who
rightfully think they have kde-dev installed).

I agree that auto-detection is the way to go. Enable things if the
headers/pkgs are detected, and disable it when not. Other apps output a
nice summary at the end of 'configure' as to what has been
enabled/disabled. Something like that would be more useful than the
icecream blurb that I am currently seeing every time :).

As for the concerns that René and Norbert voiced, I don't think its an
issue. Automatically disabling things when the required libs are missing
should be done anyway (as it would not build anyway). And the option to
manually --enable/--disable should not be taken away either (so builders
and Gentooers can configure in support as they want), just the defaults
would be set according to autodetect. Another Easy Hack? My auto-foo is
too limited for that task, unfortunately.

Sebastian