[Libreoffice] yum-builddep question ...

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Oct 26 09:48:21 PDT 2010

Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 02:32 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
>
>> Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Just following up.  Any sage advice for getting this to work on CentOS 5?
>>

> I imagine that e.g. yum-builddep gedit also fails, i.e. generic missing
> source repositories in the yum.conf, maybe
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12958
> would help, i.e. check that the repository for the SRPMS exists and/or
> is enabled.
>
> C.

Thanks.  Just took a look there, and indeed there was no
CentOS-SRPMS.repo file.  Fixed that and enabled everything except for
the centosplus stuff.

Unfortunately, yum-builddep still isn't happy yet, even when I throw
--enablerepo=*SRPMS.  I still get a "No such package(s): gedit.src", and
the same for openoffice.org.src.  However, "yumdownloader --source" will
fetch source RPM's just fine.

Below is my CentOS-SRPMS.repo file if this will help.

#base
[base-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#released updates
[update-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1